Course contact: Mr Porteous - email@example.com
In GCSE PE, you will develop your theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge and understanding to improve performance. Students will also learn how the physiological state affects performance in physical activity and sport and how to perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
You will develop your ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport, and learn the contribution that physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and wellbeing. The course also looks at the key sociocultural influences that can affect people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.
A typical lesson might involve...
- Individual, paired and group work
- The use of workbooks, learning mats and interactive connect activities
- The use of iPads to research certain topics or to aid revision on sites such as Kahoot.it
- Practical lessons to develop skills, tactics and knowledge of a variety of sports
- Homework and independent home learning is vital (revision books will be recommended)
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through:
- Two written examinations (36% and 24%):
- Component 1: Fitness and Body Systems - Worth 30% of final mark (Written examination)
- Component 2: Health and Performance - Worth 24% of final mark (Written examination)
- A practical examination (30%)
- A personal exercise programme (PEP) - Worth 10% of final mark
Three practical performances â€Â one team sport, one individual and one free choice (30%)
You will need to analyse a performance in one of your chosen practical activities (worth 10%)