Quick Links

Quick Links

In Year Admission

Transferring Your Child between Secondary Schools

If your child is already at secondary school in Bolton and you want to transfer to another Bolton secondary school there are two forms you will need to complete.  The In Year Admission Form needs completing by the parent and the Information Passport needs completing by your child's current school.  When both forms are complete they will need to be returned to Pupil and Student Services, Paderborn House, Civic Centre, Bolton BL1 1UA,  Tel:  01204 332137/332143.  Both forms are available from Bolton Council.  www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Secondaryschoolplaces.aspx

If you live in Bolton and want to transfer your child to a secondary school in another area you need to complete the In Year Admission Form.  When the form is complete this will need to be returned to Pupil and Student Services.  The form is available from Bolton Council.  www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Secondaryschoolplaces.aspx

On receipt of your completed application Pupil and Student Services will write to you with an offer of a secondary school place.  If you have been allocated a place at Harper Green School you will need to Tel: 01204 572941 to make an appointment for an Admissions interview. We aim to provide an interview within 5 working days providing that we have received the Information Passport from your child’s current school.

In year admissions for children with a Statement for Special Education Needs are considered separately.  Where your child has a Statement or EHC Plan you will need to contact the Inclusion and Statement Assessment Service on Tel:  01204 338653.

If the school is full, your child will automatically be placed on the waiting list for Harper Green School.  If a place becomes available you will be contacted within 5 working days.

If you would like further information please click here or contact Pupil and Student Services on Tel:  01204 332137/332143